Mesa Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients After Major Setbacks
All injuries can set you back after an accident, both physically and mentally. However, catastrophic injuries are the most debilitating injuries of all and can threaten your future. Not only are these serious injuries more painful and challenging to recover from, but they can also put a strain on your finances. However, it’s important to know that you have options – options that an experienced personal injury law firm can help you explore. When you call our Mesa catastrophic injury attorneys, we can sit down with you and discuss your accident and damages at no cost to you whatsoever. Though there are obstacles ahead, we can handle your case and ensure whoever caused your accident is held financially responsible for the pain and suffering you’ve endured. Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience, PLC is committed to our community and has been for 60 years.
When you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury, you need an experienced attorney to fight for your rights. Call us now at (480) 999-9181 or contact us online for a free consultation.
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries differ from minor injuries in that they have serious and long-term effects on the victim. Because these injuries are more severe, even life-threatening, they require additional medical treatment and aftercare that can add up in expenses and put stress on the victim and their family.
Common types of catastrophic injuries include serious burn injuries, spinal cord and neck injuries like paralysis, loss of limb, and head and brain injuries. If the catastrophic injury was caused by someone’s negligence, the victim may be able to file a claim against them to recover damages. Even if you aren’t sure whether another party is responsible for your accident and injuries, it’s still best to utilize your free consultation with our team. Our attorneys are professional and knowledgeable and can ultimately determine whether someone was negligent.
Accidents that Cause Catastrophic Injuries
There are countless possible causes of catastrophic injury. Accidents that cause minor injuries can also cause serious injuries, depending on the nature of the accident. An auto accident involving an 80,000-pound truck, for example, can cause catastrophic injuries to drivers and passengers because of the weight of the vehicle.
Examples of accidents that are known to result in catastrophic injuries include:
- Car accidents: Car accidents involving speeding often cause more serious damages and injuries. According to the Insurance Information Institute, nearly 17% of all traffic crashes in 2017 were caused by speeding.
- Truck accidents: As mentioned, the size and weight of trucks explain why more catastrophic injuries and fatalities occur in truck accidents than they do in accidents without trucks. Dangerous types of truck accidents include rollovers, underrides, and jackknifing.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists often suffer severe injuries in auto accidents because unlike passenger car drivers, they don’t have airbags or seat belts that can protect them in a collision.
- Falls from heights: Falls from great heights are more likely to result in paralysis or brain damage if the victim falls on their head or shatters their spinal cord. These can occur from the balconies or roofs of homes and workplaces, as well as at construction sites.
- Construction accidents: Construction is one of the most dangerous industries in the United States, as workers are constantly surrounded by dangers like flying debris, unstable buildings, and heavy machinery. Construction workers are known to suffer some of the most serious injuries in workplace accidents.
- Defective products: Dangerous or defective products are known to explode and cause fires, which frequently burn and maim consumers who are too close.
We Take Your Costs into Consideration
Victims who suffer from any kind of injury in an accident must calculate their emergency costs when determining how much their case is worth. Once they recover damages, they’re able to cover the costs of their ambulance rides, surgeries, and lost wages for the week or month.
Victims with catastrophic injuries, however, often need to think about their future costs, too. Because these injuries can be long-lasting and permanent, they may require extensive surgeries, years of physical therapy, and employment changes. Our attorneys understand the long-term consequences of catastrophic injuries and are more than happy to help you determine what you need to heal.
Our team is comprised of experienced advocates who have recovered millions of dollars for clients. Damages we’ve successfully recovered include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Medical equipment, such as at-home hospital beds or wheelchairs
- Costs of retrofitting the house
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
You shouldn’t be expected to handle your injury claim when you’re dealing with so much – allow our attorneys to take over your case so you have a chance to rest and recover.
Our catastrophic injury attorneys in Mesa strive to be as accessible to clients as possible. Call us now for a consultation in English or Spanish at (480) 999-9181.
"Jess was amazing. He instantly put my mind at ease on the handling of my case. If you want great results and to deal with great people, Jess Gulbrandsen is who you need to see after a car accident."Todd, Client
"I got into a real bad roll-over, and they did everything to their ability to get me what was right. I just want to give a huge thanks to Chris and Ria for all the wonderful help and time that they put into my case, as it was a long one."Matt, Client
"My experience with Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience has been nothing short of amazing... I recommend Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience to all my friends and family."Rusty, Client
A Record of ResultsWe have recovered millions of dollars for injured clients throughout Arizona and are proud members of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Experience on Your SideFounded in 1961, we are among the oldest firms in the East Valley, proudly serving injured clients in our communities for 60 years.
Personalized Legal SolutionsWe believe in treating each client and case with the individualized care and attention that they deserve.
When you hire our firm, you will work with one attorney from start to finish, ensuring that your representation is intimately familiar with the details of your case.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (480) 999-9181.