Mesa Bus Accident Attorneys
Generations of Compassionate Service
Although they are not the most widespread kinds of traffic accidents in Mesa, bus accident lawyers are still in demand all around the Valley of the Sun. Regardless of whether they involve tour parties, school field trips, church group outings, or family functions, private or commercial buses are often the scene of minor accidents or severe collisions, including buses that travel along freeways, busy frontage roads, quiet side streets, and school zones. Since many passenger buses do not have seatbelts and are typically filled with many people, the potential for serious injury is unfortunately very high. In fact, a bus can be an extremely hazardous place in the event of an accident, especially if it involves multiple vehicles or pedestrians in a public area.
At Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience, PLC, our Mesa bus accident lawyers have the experience and know-how you can depend upon if you have recently been involved in an accident involving in-state or out-of-state bus companies, or lackadaisical bus operators. Whether the accident or collision is because of a tired, preoccupied, inexperienced, or intoxicated driver, or the vehicle itself is poorly maintained and/or operated in violation of correct safety regulations, we can examine whether you have a solid case and make certain that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact us online or at (480) 999-9181 to discuss your case so we can look into the cause of your accident and determine who the responsible party is. We offer services in both English and Spanish.
Common Types of Bus Accidents
Because of the number of passengers they can carry, bus accidents typically involve numerous injuries, which can be serious if the bus doesn’t have seat belts. Charter buses, school buses, and public transportation buses all lack seat belts, which is why in accidents people often suffer catastrophic injuries like internal bleeding, severe skin burns, spinal cord injuries, and more.
Our attorneys have decades of experience handling a variety of bus accident claims such as:
- School bus crashes: These accidents usually involve children who are being taken to and from school or on field trips. Typically, school districts will hire third-party companies to provide the buses.
- Private/charter bus accidents: Charter buses are usually owned by private companies and are used to transport parties to a certain area within a specified amount of time.
- Public/city bus accidents: People who don’t own cars or want to use cars take public or city buses every day to commute to work. Many cities hire bus companies to transport the public, and the amount of driving each day can cause driver fatigue.
- Tour bus collisions: Tour buses often travel across city and state lines to transport people to multiple locations. They often hold many passengers, which can be especially dangerous in the event of an accident.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), there were 954 bus accidents in 2017 – 765 commercial/noncommercial buses and 189 school buses.
Who is Liable for Damages After a Bus Crash?
Though bus drivers are typically blamed for bus accidents, a number of parties can be at-fault for damages and injuries that may occur. This is why hiring a bus accident attorney to assess the situation is essential.
At-fault parties can include:
- Bus driver: The bus driver alone can be liable for damages if it can be proved that they were acting in a negligent manner. Some examples of driver negligence include speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or driving while distracted.
- Bus company: If the bus driver who caused the accident is an employee of a company, the bus company can be held responsible, as it has an obligation to ensure their drivers are properly trained. If a bus malfunction caused damages, they can also be at fault, as they must conduct routine inspections to ensure the bus is safe to use.
- Bus manufacturer: A design defect or dangerous component can cause a bus accident. In these cases, the manufacturer of the bus or its components can be held liable.
How Our Bus Accident Attorneys Can Help
Bus accident victims seeking financial compensation can call our trustworthy and dependable personal injury lawyers to handle their claim and fight for their rights. If a bus driver, owner, or leasing company acts in a careless way and their negligent behavior leads to an accident, you should be remunerated for any life-changing injuries you might sustain, such as spinal cord injuries, broken bones, brain injuries, or ongoing psychological pain, as well as stress and anxiety.
Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience, PLC's professional legal team is committed to ensuring that anyone who has been involved in a serious or fatal bus crash is compensated for their losses. With more than 50 years of experience as a firm, we’ve been able to recover millions for our clients in need.
Damages we can recover after a bus accident include:
- Medical expenses such as hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and ambulance rides
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
If you have been involved in a bus accident that has left you with serious injuries, our family-run firm can help you examine whether you are owed financial damages. Please call our personal injury attorneys or contact us online for a free consultation.
Our Mesa bus accident attorneys are here to help. Call us today to access a network of support at (480) 999-9181. In your free consultation, we can learn more about your case and discuss how we can help you.
"Jess was amazing. He instantly put my mind at ease on the handling of my case. If you want great results and to deal with great people, Jess Gulbrandsen is who you need to see after a car accident."Todd, Client
"I got into a real bad roll-over, and they did everything to their ability to get me what was right. I just want to give a huge thanks to Chris and Ria for all the wonderful help and time that they put into my case, as it was a long one."Matt, Client
"My experience with Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience has been nothing short of amazing... I recommend Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience to all my friends and family."Rusty, Client
A Record of ResultsWe have recovered millions of dollars for injured clients throughout Arizona and are proud members of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Experience on Your SideFounded in 1961, we are among the oldest firms in the East Valley, proudly serving injured clients in our communities for 60 years.
Personalized Legal SolutionsWe believe in treating each client and case with the individualized care and attention that they deserve.
When you hire our firm, you will work with one attorney from start to finish, ensuring that your representation is intimately familiar with the details of your case.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (480) 999-9181.