Call Today: 480-833-8800
Toll-FREE: 800-501-2782
Call Today: 480-833-8800
Toll-FREE: 800-501-2782

Underride & Override Truck Accident Causes in Phoenix

Underride and override accidents are among the most catastrophic of all Phoenix truck accidents. Those who survive such accidents will almost certainly suffer severe, disabling injuries, and many will require care and medical attention for the rest of their lives. With such devastating consequences, victims of truck accidents, as well as their loved ones, will require an experienced personal injury attorney to investigate the cause of the accident and get the compensation deserved for medical bills and lost wages, as well as pain and suffering.  If you have been involved in an accident, our Mesa truck accident lawyers can help. The law offices of Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience, PLC have experience in both override and underride accident cases.

Causes of Override Accidents

Override AccidentsOverride truck accidents occur when a large commercial truck collides with the rear of another vehicle, usually crushing the frame underneath the truck. These incidents can occur for a variety reasons, such as tailgating, poor visibility and sudden changes in the flow of traffic. Other causes include:

  • Brake failure
  • Tire failure
  • Speeding
  • Improper lane changes
  • Failure to yield
  • Other mechanical malfunctions
  • Sudden stops by the front vehicle

Causes of Underride Truck Accidents

Underride AccidentsUnderride truck accidents occur when a passenger vehicle collides with the rear of a truck and continues to travel underneath the truck. Nearly 40 percent of these accidents are fatal, with the remaining 60 percent causing critical injuries. The majority of these accidents are caused by tailgating, though there can be other common contributing factors, including:

  • Sudden stops by the truck
  • Poor visibility
  • Mechanical defects
  • Reckless driving
  • Failure to install rear underride guards and reflective equipment on the truck
  • Adverse weather conditions

Underride collisions can also occur when a truck backs into a passenger vehicle head-on or from the side.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, please contact our Mesa accident attorneys. Our personal injury lawyers specialize in car and truck accidents in Mesa, Phoenix and the rest of the valley, and we will fight for your right to compensation for pain and suffering, injuries, lost wages, and more. Contact Skousen, Gulbrandsen & Patience, PLC today for a free case evaluation.